Saturday, May 14, 2011

When All Else Fails....

read the instructions.  After deciding to forge on with my weaving and NOT unweaving seven inches of pretty ugly stuff, it was still bothering me that I didn't know something as basic as how to back up my warp. So I got out the manual, and on the VERY last paragraph of the VERY last page, I read this:



OK, so where in the heck is the "plastic spacer that is on the outside of the gear housing"?  Flipping back a few pages, I found this diagram:


All right, that where it is on the diagram, but where is it on the loom? Looking around a bit, I discovered this on the left side of the front of the loom, where the cloth advance system attaches to the front beam:


You can see a little plastic piece that goes about 3/4 of the way around "the outside of the gear housing". So now I know the first step in backing up the warp.  I'm afraid to experiment with it now that I have the ppi right. I'm going to wait until I really mess up again.  It won't be long.


No comments:

Post a Comment