Tuesday, May 24, 2011

P2P2: Making Contact

I just received an email from Julie Bowyer, letting me know that she has received her packet of pix.  Now that she has them, I'll go ahead and post them here.  I have a good friend, Derrald Farnsworth-Livingston, who is a photographer here in the American Midwest. He took these pictures in the area around which I live and gave me permission to use them for this project.


I live in the Loess Hills of Iowa.  Supposedly, during the last ice age clay soil had been ground very finely into tiny particles by the receding glaciers, which were then blown by winds to form these hills.  Just a few miles from my home is an oxbow of the Missouri River which is now a state recreational area called "DeSoto Bend". Most of these pictures were taken there.










I hope Julie finds inspiration from these pictures. I tried to find pictures with a variety of textures and colors.

3 comments:

  1. Goodness me, a professionally taken pictures! How lucky of you and for Julie. Look forward to seeing what she makes of these, and what you receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I could see myself doing a clasped weft weave inspired by photo #4 with the reeds in the water. All the colours are so vibrant.
    I'm sure Julie will come up with something amazing from these. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the clasped weft! Derrald is a pretty talented photographer, and I'm so glad I had him for a resource because after I started visiting everyone else's sites I was a little intimidated with level artistic ability in the group. I can hardly wait to see what everyone does!

    ReplyDelete