Monday, June 20, 2011

Sleyed!

In a recent thread on Ravelry people were discussing how they sley their reeds off the loom.  I had never considered this before, and had found that sleying was the most physically uncomfortable part of warping--oh, the backaches from stooping over the loom!  I was not looking forward to sleying all the ends for the double-width wool blankets that are next project on my list.  I set the reed on the edge of my desk and sleyed it while watching movies on Netflix.  Wow,  What a great experience!  After getting the reed sleyed, I popped it back on the loom and voila!



I had originally wanted to gradually blend the colors from light to dark, but because the yarns are such different sizes, I decided to go with stripes so I wouldn't have to think so hard about coordinating the epi and getting it work right with the double width.  The light gray is sleyed at 25 epi and the dark gray is at 30 epi on a 10-dent reed.  I hope it's right (or at least close enough)!


Tonight I'll start threading....

No comments:

Post a Comment